A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required at the time of booking to secure your preferred date and time. This is to be paid when Gumnut Dance calls you after the booking is made to confirm your details.
The following fees are due approximately three to seven days before the party date:
- Base party package (minus the $50 deposit). Please note – any discounts you are eligible for are applied to the base package price.
We will be in touch regarding your payment. We do not accept cash for payments. All payments are via credit card.
Party extras can be paid for on the day of the party.
Extras include but are not limited to:
- Craft activities
- Extra guests
Please Note: You are responsible for being aware of any food intolerances or allergies of your guests and providing appropriate food and drink as required.
Gumnut Dance does not hold a food handling licence and as such, party hosts are not permitted to be handling or serving food to party guests. Parents are responsible for serving food. Party hosts will help with clearing and cleaning up only.
Your party services have been designed to accommodate the number of children advised when the booking was made. If you need to make changes or there are more children attending than originally advised, you must contact us no later than Tuesday 2pm before your event date so an adjustment can be made to your booking. (The maximum number of extra children is four.) We will endeavour to accommodate other changes to the best of our ability, if contacted within this time frame.
Care of our dance studios:
- Children must wear socks or ballet shoes in the dance studios.
- Any accompanying adults must remove their shoes before entering the dance studios.
- Food and juice must NOT be consumed in the studios, only in the designated party rooms.
- Children must not touch the mirrors or ‘hang off’ the barres.
- Any damage to the dance floor, or any other fixtures within the dance studios will incur a clean up fee, commensurate with the cost of cleaning up/fixing the floor.
Care of our party rooms/kitchen area and venue:
- Adults are to ensure the party rooms and kitchen areas are left in a neat and tidy condition (as found).
- Any damage to, or extensive mess in any areas of, the venue will incur a clean up fee, commensurate with the cost of cleaning up/fixing the damage.
Alcohol is not to be consumed on or near the premises.
Smoking is not permitted within the venue, or within 20 metres of the premises.
- limit the number of guests to 12 to allow for the physical distancing rule of one person per 4sqm
- ask guests to stay 1.5 metres apart where possible
- limit the number of parents who are allowed to stay for the duration of the party (please contact us for more information)
- ensure guests use hand sanitiser (supplied by us) or wash hands on entry, exit and before and after eating
- download the COVID-safe app, and encourage any adults staying at the party to do so.
- space chairs in the party room to allow for physical distancing
- include dance activities and games that allow for physical distancing
- not use props that are shared amongst guests
- supply the party client with sufficient hand sanitiser, soap, paper towel and detergent
- record names of party guests and adult attendees for contact tracing purposes.
Cancellation Policy – Customer
- More than 14 day’s notice – refund all but $50 deposit.
- 4 – 14 days notice – refund all but $50 deposit.
- 0 – 4 days notice – refund 50% party value.
- Postponing party to another date – each party booking is entitled to one penalty free postponement provided the party is paid in full and the new date is within three months. After this, a postponement fee of $50 will be charged.
Cancellation Policy – Gumnut Dance
- Gumnut Dance reserves the right to cancel bookings if payments are not received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Gumnut Dance reserves the right to cease parties if the behaviour of attendees is inappropriate, disrespectful to staff or is causing damage to any fixtures, surfaces or amenities. In such cases, no refund will be given, a cleaning up fee commensurate with the cost of cleaning up/fixing the damage charged. No further bookings will be allowed.
- In the rare event that Gumnut Dance must cancel or postpone the party- due to staff sickness or an issue with the venue, then a full refund or postponement to another suitable date will be offered. This will be at no additional charge.