In developing our COVID-19 Safety Plan, we have followed official information and advice produced by the Australian Government, ACT Health, ACT Sport and Recreation and the Australian dance industry association, Ausdance.
Our plan is based on requirements for Stage 3.1 of the Canberra recovery roadmap.
For the Spinning Gumnut level (2-3.5 years), one parent/carer per child is allowed into the studio to dance.
In order to keep our studio safe we expect all families to abide by the policies listed in the graphic.
Gumnut Dance staff reserve the right to send children home if they are unwell.
All our Gumnut Dance staff will:
- not attend if unwell
- abide by the one person per 4 sqm rule
- keep children 1.5m apart in the dance studio, where possible
- provide hand sanitiser, soap and paper towels for families
- follow cleaning protocols and strategies for teaching
- remind children of hygiene measures
- take attendance to aid contact tracing
- download the COVID safe app
- contact the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) if there is a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19 at Gumnut Dance.
All Gumnut Dance staff have completed Infection Control training.